Student Dress Code
Dress Code for RAS Students
Students are given the freedom to present themselves at school as they choose. However there are some general guidelines. The basic rule is: No one should be able to see up it, down it, or through it!
Here’s some more specific guidelines:
- Clothes should be clean, neat, tidy and free of fading, fraying and other obvious signs of wear and tear and appropriate for educational activities.
- Logos and graphics must be appropriate i.e. not offensive or promoting alcohol or illegal substances.
- Common sense and generally accepted standards of appropriateness
- All shirts/t-shirts must have sleeves.
- It is expected that students wear the school PE uniform for all PE classes.
- For safety reasons, some departments may specify particular footwear requirements.
- Hair, including facial hair, must be clean and tidy.
- Wearing of hats is restricted to outside use only.
- Senior students will need dress clothes for occasions when they represent the school in public, at prize giving and at other special events. Dark pants or skirt, shirt and tie/or blouse and tidy jacket would be appropriate
- Staff are charged with making the judgement that the dress code has been upheld. Where students are not appropriately dressed students may be asked to go home to change.
- Where these guidelines leave a “grey” area, it is at the Principal/Deputy Principal discretion to make the final decision as to suitability of dress.
Examples of inappropriate clothing include:
- Short shorts/skirts
- Bare midriffs or see through tops
- Singlet tops, shoestring straps and low-cut tops
- Visible underwear.