Raglan Area School Principal Application 2018
Thank you for your interest in the position of Principal at Raglan Area School.
- Applications have now closed.
- Interviews are scheduled to take place between 10th and 19th of October. Interview schedule will be notified to shortlisted candidates by 5th October 2018.
- Further questions via email please: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Trustees Chairman
Principal – Job listing (complete version)
Dynamic Principal/Tumuaki U6, Yrs 0-13, Vibrant, Bicultural, Area School – Raglan
Raglan Area School, Te Kura A Rohe O Whaingaroa, Yrs 0-13 is a vibrant, bicultural school on the West Coast of the Waikato situated on a beautiful peninsula overlooking Whaingaroa Harbour beneath Karioi Maunga. Our roll currently sits at just over 500 students (5-19yrs) and is growing. Our location, culture and environment are all important parts of our school and community that provide unique opportunities for staff and students alike.
Raglan Area School is a very unique school for many reasons. Building on strengths from our local culture and location we have incorporated special elements and programmes into our school with the aim of improving engagement and outcomes for students. Tikanga Maori is embedded into everyday life for every student. We have had a full immersion Te Reo programme, Te Roopu Aroha ki Te Reo, since 1989. The Raglan Area School Surf Academy established in 1998 successfully engages senior students in education. Most recently, with the help of local providers, we added an Earthcare programme that uses our local Maunga Karioi to develop students skills in sustainable and ecological actions.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic principal to actively lead our school. We need someone who will build on our many strengths and improve our weaknesses. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to help set and execute an ambitious vision for our kura in 2019 and beyond. Our board is open to an innovative approach to deliver a style of learning that cements Raglan Area as an inspirational and desirable place of education.
Ideally you will:
- Have senior leadership (ideally Principal) experience; leading a Composite/Area or Senior School is preferred.
- Be able to demonstrate your previous experience as an inspirational and innovative leader of teaching and learning, who is focused on student well-being and passionate about raising student achievement.
- Have an empathetic and collaborative style of working and communicating.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to Tikanga Maori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Reo (ability to speak Te Reo not required, but advantageous).
- Have proven experience in curriculum development, student assessment, and pastoral care along with strong evidence of collaborative engagement with whanau and community.
- Be passionate about using effective and efficient school management systems (financial, SMS, comms) to increase efficiency, improve communications and reduce administration for staff.
The successful applicant may be eligible for a Principal Recruitment Allowance. A school house may also be available to the successful applicant.
Application /Information Links
Applications have now closed.