|WHAT||The “OLD SCHOOL VEGAS” Annual Senior Ball|
|WHEN||Friday 2nd September 2022
7pm – 11pm
|WHERE||Raglan Area School Gymnasium|
|COST||$60 per ticket|
Kia ora Parents and Caregivers of Years 11 – 13 Senior Students
The 2022 ball committee is excited to invite the senior students of Raglan Area School to a special night of celebration at the annual senior school ball to be held in the Raglan Area School Gymnasium. Students can purchase tickets from the school office. You will receive a form to complete by email. To ensure that a happy and successful occasion is enjoyed by all, appropriate behaviour will be expected at all times from all attendees. Please ensure that your teen and their school partner or “plus one” have read and understood the following requirements:
The school ball is for Years 11 to 13 students only, and this includes their ‘plus ones’. School leavers will only be accepted on a ‘case by case’ basis at the discretion of the Lead Teacher and/or Principal.
- Doors open at 7:00 pm for entry. Students will not be granted entry to the ball after 7.45 pm.
- Doors will reopen for the end of the ball between 10.45 – 11:00 pm.
- Transport to and from the ball is the responsibility of parents and caregivers.
- Parents and caregivers can collect students between 10.45 and 11.00 pm.
Tickets and Permissions
The ticket price includes a light meal, free entertainment, free photo prints from the photo booth and photo downloads from the ball photographers. We want our students to have a fun-filled evening. All students and their guests must complete the permission slips and hand them in to the school office before purchasing tickets. Partners from outside of the school must complete the ‘plus one’ request form with proof of ID (driver’s license or passport) before they can purchase a ticket. They must also have the name of a nominated guardian who will be a verified contact for the school if any communication with home is required.
Prerequisites for attending the ball
- Students must have a reasonable attendance record in order to attend the school ball.
- On the day of the ball senior students are not expected to be onsite unless they are helping with the set up of the school hall.
- Teachers will, however, ensure that there is online learning available for students to be able to continue their study from home (and between beauty appointments)
- As this is a formal occasion, a formal dress standard is expected of all attendees.
- No jeans, t-shirts, or dirty footwear are permitted to be worn.
No alcohol, cigarettes, vapes, stimulants, or illegal substances are permitted. Non-compliance with this expectation could result in a young person being denied entry to, or being removed from the school ball. Parents and caregivers or nominated guardians will be contacted immediately to come and collect their child/ren and partners as appropriate to the seriousness of the incident.
There are no refunds for any students or guests who are not admitted into the school gymnasium due to non-compliance with the above requirements or if asked to leave the function.
Raglan Area School reserves the right to deny permission to attend the ball to anyone deemed to be behaving in an inappropriate or unacceptable manner. Students who fail to respect and/or follow the school rules and expectations will be managed according to the school disciplinary processes.
We also wish to remind everyone that Raglan Area School advises parents that it takes no responsibility for any pre-ball or after-ball functions. A local police advice letter will be distributed to parents/caregivers, closer to the event.
Finally, we look forward to hosting a fun night for our students and their guests and hope you will do what you can to support us to ensure the evening goes smoothly.
Ngā mihi nui
Linda Holmes (Lead Teacher)
Louisa Barham (Tumuaki/Principal)