Kia ora Koutou
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS AT RAGLAN AREA SCHOOL
Medsafe has given provisional approval of the Pfizer vaccine for young people aged 12-15 years. Cabinet still needs to approve a “decision to use” – this decision is expected by the end of June. Until then, people aged 12 to 15 cannot receive the Pfizer vaccine. It WILL NOT be mandatory for young people to get vaccinated.
Raglan Area School IS NOT currently administering COVID-19 Vaccinations to any students. If and when the Ministry advises us that this will be happening – we will keep all of our families informed.
- We will have a face to face parent/caregiver information session.
- The information will be available on our school website.
- We will send home a specific newsletter to all families.
ALERT LEVEL 1 – ALL OF NEW ZEALAND EXCLUDING THE WELLINGTON REGION
Here are the latest Ministry of Education messages shared following the COVID-19 positive ID case in Wellington. Recent visitors to Wellington are urged to check the possible exposure sites in Wellington. If anyone in your household was at one of these locations and at the times specified on the Ministry of Health website (link), they will need to follow the relevant instructions which will include staying at home and getting tested for COVID-19 (five days after last exposure to the confirmed case). If unsure what to do, contact Healthline (0800 358 5453) for guidance.
Everyone else in Whaingaroa needs to continue to follow public health requirements as follows:
- Stay home (or go home) if you are unwell.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to see if you need a test.
- Wear face coverings on public transport and domestic flights.
- Keep up your good hygiene practices (washing hands, cough/sneeze etiquette).
- Keep track of where you have been.
The MOE regional team continues to be available to provide support, and further guidance about COVID-19.
- 10 things you need to know about Alert Level 1 – (link)
- Public health measures and recommendations for schools – (link)
- Unite against COVID-19 – (link)
- COVID-19 | Ministry of Health NZ (link)
TUMUAKI / PRINCIPAL
TUMUAKI / PRINCIPAL