Kia ora koutou
Some updates from the Board of Trustees to wrap up the year.
Board of Trustees Strategic Plan 2024 / 2025
We have been collating and analysing the feedback collected from the school community from our community consultations via hui and survey. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this by sharing their insights. This will feed into our Board of Trustees Strategic Plan for 2024 and 2025. Some key insights that we have found from the analysis are:
- A desire for improved connections between school and iwi
- Improvements to our property, with the school pool featuring highly
- Student wellbeing is an area of focus, in particular around attendance and at-risk students
- The recently introduced Outdoor Education programme (2021) is seen as a strength and the Surf Academy continues to be valued
- Whānau appreciate the consistent teaching and quality learning programmes that are delivered in the junior school
- Enriching the Years 7-10
We will share the details of this Strategic Plan once we have a draft in place.
School Swimming Pool
A committee has been formed consisting of Board of Trustee members, staff members, a PTA representative and our Property Project Manager to plan and schedule the work required in order to make the pool functional long term.
In order to do this the pool will need to be resurfaced with a durable, long-lasting fibreglass coating. Unfortunately it will not be ready for this summer season, we understand that this is disappointing for students and staff.
We have quotes from suppliers and we are currently working on raising the funds to complete this work. We have the required endorsement from the Ministry of Education for us to go ahead with this initial work. Please be assured that we see this as a priority and we also recognise that this was one of the key property issues that was raised during our Community Consultation.
Building Work Update
- Installation of our Security Cameras has been completed.
- Our Internal Upgrades Project is scheduled for early next year, refurbishing some of the older classrooms in the Kura Tuakana areas.
- The installation of a cover for our basketball court on the bottom field is scheduled during the summer holidays.
We have been working with ERO (Education Review Office). ERO now take a more collaborative approach whereby they work alongside the school to support the delivery of equitable and excellent outcomes for all learners. We are working through their plan with them and we should expect their report to be published soon.
Staffing for 2024
We have completed our staffing for 2024. Please see Whaea Louisa’s Newsletter to see the full staffing list and the year groups / subject they are assigned to.
We welcomed Linda Mayow onto our Board of Trustees in September. Linda joins us with years of experience in a school environment and has teamed up with Linda Holmes, our staff representative, in the Policy Subcommittee. The two Lindas have been working through the scheduled updates of our policies and we now have some ready for your review below. Please send any feedback you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Curriculum Delivery Policy
- Managing Challenging Behaviour & Physical Restraint Policy
- Theft and Fraud Policy
There are also two new policies:
Wishing our students, whānau and staff a restful and happy holiday season.
Ngā mihi nui
Raglan Area School Board of Trustees Presiding Member