Kia ora e te whānau
Yesterday, Monday 18 October 2021, the Prime Minister confirmed the following information.
- Parts of Waikato (including Raglan) currently in Alert Level 3 will remain at Alert Level 3, with the Government reviewing those settings this Friday 22 October 2021.
- On Wednesday 20/10/21, Minister Hipkins will present the up-to-date advice on schools re-opening.
- On Friday 22/10/21, the Prime Minister will announce new details on the COVID protection framework and how we will get there.
Raglan Area School remains in Alert Level 3 until this Friday 22 October.
- We will continue to have our Teaching Bubbles operating at school this week.
- These bubble classes are ONLY for the small number of children who need to attend school if their parents/caregivers are essential workers and do not have appropriate care available at home. The majority of children will remain learning from home through your distance learning programme.
- All usual safety precautions for Alert Level 3 will be in place which includes following all the recommendations from the public health experts. This means we will regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, encourage everyone to frequently wash their hands and cover their coughs and sneezes, and keep everyone physically distanced from others as much as possible (one metre inside and two metres outside). We will also keep school bubbles to no more than 10 students. These bubbles will not mix with other bubbles.
School Public Holiday – Monday 25 October 2021
- School is closed on this date for the Labour Day Public Holiday.
- We will send a message out on Friday 22 October to update what will be happening in the week beginning Tuesday 26 October until Friday 29 October 2021.
Stay safe. Stay well. Stay connected.
Ngaa manaakitanga – Whaea Louisa
Louisa Barham (Tumuaki / Principal)