Kia ora te whānau
As Kura Tuakana, Years 7-13 it is our pleasure to share with you some of the learning experiences that we as a school have participated in with your children as part of our local and wider school curriculum. These experiences help provide context for learning and assessment. Our staff are always looking for opportunities to enrich learning for all our students and would like to share some of the learning we have been involved in.
Our Year 7 and 8’s hosted a Dragon’s Den event. See their video here.
|University of Waikato Visit
The University of Waikato Future Student Advisor, Verity Cocker spent the afternoon with our Year 13 students, supporting them with their enrolments and paper choices for 2023.
|Wintec Trades Academy
Our students in action at Wintec Trades Academy in the Level 3 Building and Construction and Manufacturing and Technology trades.
|Waka Toi Matariki and navigating by the stars years 5-10|
|Outdoor Education Class Kayaking and caving trips
Years 11-12 Lead Liam Coulden-Lavers supported by Dave Williams and Wintec Students.
|Year 9 Trip to Xtreme Waste Maths lead by Sandra Jonas|
|Ballroom Dancing Lessons to prepare for the School Ball|
Some other activities that our students have participated in recently include:
- Surf Academy Gisborne Competition Tama and Ava won (RAS Students), Led by Deane and Larry
- Cambridge Enrichment exams offered to years 7-10, Led by Joe Rao and supported by Sandra Jonas
- A focus on “Bullying’’ and “Diversity” Pink Friday and PRIDE day
- “Colour Run (cross Country)” Led by TJ, Dave and team
- Headzup University of Waikato Leadership Course 4 x student leaders
- Trip to Over the Moon Cheese Food Technology Level level 3
- Safety in the Workplace first Aid course All Year 12 Students
2nd September: School Ball Years 11-13 Friday
12th – 14th September: Senior Snow Camp
28th – 30th September: Year 13 Camp to Wellington
22nd – 27th September: NCEA Exams
Friday 30th September: End of Term 3
2nd – 4th October: Year 12 Leadership Camp in Rotorua
Hope you’ve enjoyed a snapshot of what our Year 7 to 13 students have been up to. Look forward to sharing more soon.
Tumuaki Tuarua / Deputy Principal