Kia ora koutou
- PPTA Rostered home strikes have begun – see below for dates and year groups. PPTA have planned one day strike for all year groups next Thursday 11th May 2023.
- NZEI (Year 0-6 Teachers) have notified of intention to strike on Thursday 11th May.
- Raglan Area School closure for all students due to PPTA and NZEI strike actions very likely on Thursday 11th May. To be confirmed by the Board of Trustees following confirmation communications from the unions.
- As part of the strike action which our PPTA and NZEI teacher union members are taking, our teachers are unable to start work until 8:30am until the end of Term 2. Please could you could drop your children off at 8:30am or later during this time.
1. Term 2 PPTA Union (Years 7-13 teachers at RAS) Industrial Actions
Last week we sent you notification of the Term 2 PPTA Union (Years 7-13 teachers at RAS) Industrial Actions. This industrial action includes regional strikes and rostering home of year levels. On set days PPTA members will not teach a particular year level and so that year level is rostered home. Students who are rostered home are able to work at home or via their teacher’s google classroom. (you can review this information on our school website). We were also informed about the planned one day strike set for next Thursday 11 May 2023.
2. Term 2 NZEI Union (Years 0-6 teachers at RAS) Industrial Actions
I am now informing you about the Term 2 NZEI Union (Years 0-6 teachers at RAS) Industrial Actions. The NZEI union has informed schools that industrial actions will continue this term. The only action that directly affects our students in Years 0-6 is the planned one day strike set for next Thursday 11 May 2023.
3. Thursday 11 May 2023 – Raglan Area School Closure for All Students due to NZEI and PPTA Industrial Actions.
The NZEI and PPTA unions have informed us of their intention for all teachers members in Area Schools to be on strike on this day. Accordingly, I am giving you advance notice of this intention to give you time to organise alternative arrangements for your children on this day. The Board of Trustees will confirm our school closure next week once the NZEI and PPTA unions confirm their intention to carry out the planned strike actions on this day.
Like my colleagues across Aotearoa, I desire a settlement to be reached as quickly as possible so that continued disruption to our teaching programmes can be avoided. I will keep you informed of any developments and any changes to this outline.
Ngā mihi – Louisa
Louisa Barham (she/her)
Tumuaki / Principal
President NZ Area Schools Association
Ph 07 8258140 / 027 4820322