Monday 6 September 2021
Kia ora Koutou e te whanau
The Prime Minister announced this afternoon (Monday 6 September) that all New Zealand regions (with the exception of Auckland) will shift into Alert Level 2 tomorrow (Tuesday 7 September) at 11.59 pm.
Staff preparations for Alert Level 2
The Ministry of Education appreciates that staff will require some time on-site to prepare for welcoming some students back to school. On this basis, we are able to allow limited staff on site for cleaning and preparation of our school tomorrow. Teaching staff will return to school on Wednesday 8 September to make final preparations for a change to Level 2 and in preparation for the return of our students on Thursday 9 September.
School re-opens for everyone on Thursday 9 September 2021
Our Whaingaroa Wednesday Wellbeing protocols will be maintained on Wednesday 8 September for all of our students. But please note that everyone is expected back on-site at Alert Level 2 this Thursday 9 September 2021. The following information may help you to prepare your children for this return to school.
- We will have health control measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to keep staff and students safe.
- Staff members and students may choose to wear masks – but they are not required to do so in our school.
- The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health strongly encourage students 12 years of age and older to wear masks at school and on the school buses.
- School buses will be operating as usual on Thursday 9 September.
- For those students who are unable to attend school – please follow our usual non-attendance protocols. Phone office staff to ensure that your child’s absence is noted correctly.
- Please ensure that your child brings food and drink to school. The canteen will not be open on Thursday.
If any additional information comes to light – a further newsletter will be shared with you all.
Stay well. Stay safe. Stay connected.
Ngā mihi mui – Whaea Louisa
(Tumuaki / Principal)