Kia ora e te Whānau
The Raglan Area School Board of Trustees has been advised that the teachers of our school who are members of the Post Primary Teachers Association (PPTA) union; teachers of Years 7-13 – are resuming their strike actions as follows.
Please note that this update does not affect the students and teachers in Years 0-6.
What this looks like for our RAS teachers.
- Strike actions begin at 7:00am on 12 June 2023 and will end at 11:59pm on 30 June 2023.
- All strike actions include work that would otherwise be undertaken on, or away, from the school site.
- PPTA members will not provide relief cover during their entitled non-contact periods.
- PPTA members will only supervise, not teach, normally scheduled classes if students from other classes are included because relief teachers can not be provided.
- This strike action will be continuous for the period stated above.
- PPTA members will not work outside of 8:30am to 4:30pm unless:
- the work is during call-back time under clause 5.4 STCA or 4.7 of the ASTCA, or
- there are immediate health and safety issues of individual students or staff that must be attended to.
On the days notified above, students in the named year level, will not be taught or supervised by PPTA members. Teaching and supervision of other year levels not subject to the strike action will continue as normal.
Thank you for your understanding. Should you have any concerns or queries regarding this update, please make contact with the school office as soon as possible.
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi, he toa takitini – My strength is not as an individual, but as a collective.
Ngā mihi nui
David Duffin (Presiding Member)
On behalf of the Raglan Area School Board of Trustees