Kia ora koutou
I am thrilled to announce that Te Ahi Ora will be coming to our school from Monday 27th February until Wednesday 1st March. They will deliver free performing arts lessons to years 0-10 during school time, followed by free evening fire performances and lessons for our community.
Fire Performance is a new community activity that is rapidly spreading across the country. This exciting discipline engages the mind, connects with the body, and is incredibly fun and stimulating.
The last few years have been rather difficult for schools, students, and families, and we aim to re-ignite the passion for learning and community in a fun and highly engaging setting.
Te Ahi Ora has 5 main goals:
- Encourage students to participate in physically challenging and satisfying activities
- Boost self-confidence, encourage experimentation and foster creativity
- Provide opportunities for personal growth and development
- Build a sense of community through shared celebration and performance
- Counter the negative effects of excessive screen time and digital addiction
Lessons will be between Monday 27th February and Wednesday 1st March. Each evening between 6-8pm there will be live performances on the school field at Raglan Area School.
Please click here to see Te Ahi Ora Class Info so you know when your child will be participating. Plus some further below information from Te Ahi Ora around appropriate clothing for participation etc.