Saturday 4 June 2022
Learning during Temporary School Closure
Tēnā koutou e te whānau o te Kura ā Rohe o Whaingaroa
The latest school newsletter is now on our website, please click on the link if you have not yet read it. Closing Kura Tuakana is not a lockdown situation, but a necessary step to give staff time to get well and come back to school. We are very well equipped to deal with hybrid learning and have had some great successes in the past. Our akonga have the skills and experience to navigate our online portals.
This panui is a follow up to let whānau know what is happening in Week 6 Tuesday 07 June to Friday 10 June, and what this means for our Kura Tuakana tamariki.
All NCEA classes will be online per normal timetable. Timetables are available on the school website. Kura Tuakana Online Learning Portal. (Scroll down web page to access).
- Please contact the school at email@example.com if you require access to a device, alternatively, phone school: 07 825 8140.
- Call at the school office between the hours of 10.00am – 2.00pm Tuesday 7 June 2022.
- All teaching staff will be available to run online classes as timetabled, including daily whanau classes.
- Deans will confirm unavailable teaching staff (due to illness) in daily communications via the whanau class announcements page.
- Students are to continue with Online Google Classroom as timetabled. They can communicate with their teachers via Google Chat within Google Classroom if necessary.
- Are expected to be online at the beginning of their timetabled classes. Trades Academy and Gateway Placements will continue as normal this week.
- Submit online tasks via Google Classroom.
(Deputy Principal Kura Tuakana Years 7-13)