Welcome Back to School February 2022: General Information, Class Lists & Community Acknowledgements
Tēnā koutou e te whānau o Te Kura A Rohe O Whaingaroa
On behalf of the entire staff, I welcome all of our students and their families into our school learning community for the 2022 school year. We hope that you have all had some quality time with friends and whānau over the summer break. We have already shared an update on our Covid-19 preparations. We look forward to seeing our students on-site and we are ready to go!
KEY STARTING TIMES & DATES
|Friday 4th February
The School Office is open all day for new enrolments.
All years 11-13 students are asked to come in and meet with teachers to confirm their individual timetables. We will meet our students in the school hall operating within the RED Traffic Light setting. Students are asked to come in TEN MINUTES before the times specifically allocated below so that each session can begin promptly. Students will be attending school just for the two hours allocated and will then be allowed to go home.
|Tuesday 8th February
All Years 0-10 students are expected back at school on this day along with our Years 11-13 students. Unfortunately, within the RED Traffic Light setting, we are unable to have the usual Raglan Full School whakatau and welcome but staff will be present at all entrances to welcome students to school and to ensure that they get to their classrooms easily.
CLASS LISTS 2022
Please click on the link below to view our class lists, teachers and room allocations for 2022. Senior staff have spent a lot of time making professional judgements to place all students with care. We encourage students and their whānau to give time (at least two weeks) for these placements to settle.
The School Office is open for all new enrolments and any other enquiries from 8 am until 4 pm.
- The School Day begins at 8.50 am and ends at 3.00 pm. Students are welcome in classrooms from 8.20 am.
- The School Canteen will be open from Tuesday 8 February. A separate newsletter will be sent home with further details around what food will be available for purchasing and how orders can be made.
- Years 0-6 Stationery is again being kindly sponsored by Satnam Bains – the proprietor of Four Square Raglan. We extend our sincerest appreciation to Satnam for this generous offer.
- Years 7-13 Stationery requirements will be given out to students when they meet with their whanau teachers on Tuesday 8 February. We ask that this be ready for the students to use as soon as possible in that first week.
- Cell Phones: Continuing on from last year, please talk with your children and remind them that cell phones are not required for their learning programmes and so are NOT to be brought to school. Detailed information around our protocols will be shared with families to assist you to respond to this requirement. Please contact the Principal if you have any questions.
- COVID-19 update: Please refer to the message entitled “COVID-19 Update– Wednesday 26 January 2022” that is available on our website and was shared via our school app, Facebook page and The Raglan Notice Board.
- School Bus Transport: The school bus services will be running as normal on 08 February 2022. A separate communication will be made available to all on Monday 31 January 2022 outlining times and routes. GoBus has requested a code of conduct must be signed by each student before they use the school bus services.
COMMUNITY ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS – SINCERE THANKS
- We are grateful to WINTEC for their generous gift to Raglan Area School of a red Kayak trailer. This will be so useful in our Education Outside the Classroom programmes and will help us transport multiple kayaks, saving time and labour – leaving more time for learn and play for our students.
- Years 0-6 Stationery is again being kindly sponsored by Satnam Bains – the proprietor of Four Square Raglan. It was wonderful to meet with Satnam, his wife Harshi, and their two young children at the school recently to confirm this support with us in person. We extend our sincerest appreciation to Satnam for this generous offer as this allows our teachers to begin the year knowing that all of the students have the required stationery.
- Jeff Hiscock, Stendy Electrical has sponsored the purchase of Stage Lighting for our Arts Department in 2021. This has really improved our ability to provide an enhanced experience for our students and their audiences. Jeff has generously agreed to sponsor additional resources in 2022.
- Fraser Pease and Craigs Investment Partners are contributing $1,000 towards getting our new Outdoor Education Classroom insulated. This generous offer will make the space much more user friendly for the students and for the storage of the equipment.
- We are grateful for the ongoing financial support given to us by Julie Hanna and Ray White Raglan team. Their generous donations contributes to the resourcing requirements of our school sports programmes with awards, uniforms and signage.
We are here to help. Please get in touch if you have any concerns or need help in any way.
Stay well, Stay safe. Stay connected. See you soon!
Ngā mihi – Whaea Louisa (Tumuaki / Principal)