Exams are about encouraging young learners to strive for excellence and to support positive study habits for NCEA.
Students will be supported with practice exams over the next couple of weeks. Can you please talk to your child about effective study habits.
- Go to all revision sessions for your subjects.
- Have up-to-date course notes. If you don’t, ask your teachers for the latest versions.
- Practise assessments and examination papers.
- Know what is required for each achievement standard.
- Set regular routines of study.
- Choose a quiet, airy, well-lit place to study.
- Setting Goals
- Daily goals
- Weekly goals
- Long-term goals
- Know your deadlines.
- Make a study timetable
- Do a small amount of study on each subject every night.
- Have lots of breaks eg break every 50 minutes for 10 minutes.
- Eat healthily, sleep regularly and exercise.
- Reward yourself regularly.
- If stressed, ask for help. Your teachers want you to succeed; ask them!