No School on Waitangi Day – Friday 6th Feb.
* Thursday 5th Feb – Whole School Powhiri – 9.30am@School Hall
* Saturday 7th Feb – School Gala – 10am-3pm@Te Kopua Domain
*Yrs 0-3 wk 2 – Rocky Shore Exploration
*Yrs 0-7 wk 3 – Visit to Poihakena Marae
*Yrs 0-7 wk 4 – BBQ/ Pot Luck Dinner
We welcome all new families who have moved into the Raglan community, or have joined our kura, including those with children starting school for the first time. We also welcome back staff members: Gill Tindale (from maternity leave) André Ngāpō (from study leave) and new staff, Jason Tatana, Alison Hewitt and Jane Morris.
2015 has started with great excitement and energy from our new teams:
- New Entrants: Linda Cahill and Jane Morris (D1)
- Year 1: Liam Caulden- Lavers (C4)
- Year 2/3: Gill Tindale & Alison Hewitt (D2); Kim Geros (D4); Arna Rose Solomon (D3)
- Year 4/5: Hilary Elliot (E3); Sarah Jayne McLachlan (E4); André Ngāpō (E5)
- Year 6/7: Gabrielle Williams (E2); Jason Tatana (I2)
- Other staff that support our classes are: Celia Risbridger (Maths); Steph de Besten (Special Needs); Kersten Hickman (Reading Recovery).
The staff have worked incredibly hard during the summer break to create stimulating learning environments in their classroom. Each team (led by Linda, Arna Rose, André, and Gabrielle) has lots of wonderful ideas for the term so please make note of the dates & events below and watch out for the latest news on the ‘Noticeboard bulletins’ (outside D and E block) and look for your child’s class letters.
New Timetable – This year our school is introducing a new timetable . All days currently end at the same times (Monday@3, Tuesday@3, Wednesday@2:15, Thursday@3, Friday@3) but our morning tea and lunch times have changed. Many classes are introducing in-class breaks, so please check with your child’s class teachers for how the change will look in their classroom.
We want everyone to ‘be cool’, ‘stay cool’ and have a ‘cool school’ so please ensure that your child brings plenty of water to drink, a hat and their swimming gear every day.
Thank you to those parents who have purchased stationery already for their children, making a good start. We look forward to meeting you at the forthcoming events and working together during the year.
Whaea Bronwyn (Deputy Principal & Assistant Principal Years 4-7)
Whaea Linda (Assistant Principal Years 0-3)