We are once again holding our annual swimming sport. This year’s event is on Monday 2 March between 9:30am – 3:00 p.m.
It is compulsory for all the Year 8 – 10 students to participate in the swimming sports this year. They will be expected to compete in either the competitive events or the non-competitive events. If you are a competitive swimmer then you will not be able to enter the non-competitive event.
The Year 11-13 students who are not participating in the competitive swimming events will be on the normal school timetable for that day.
Procedure for Competitive Swimmers Entries
Students must enter a minimum of 2 events and a maximum of 5 events, which will count toward Individual Championship points.
Children can select to compete in the following Competitive Age Events:
- 2 lengths Freestyle in age groups under 12, under 14, under 16
- 1 length Freestyle in age groups under 12, under 14, under 16
- 1 length Backstroke in age groups under 12, under 14, under 16
- 1 length Breaststroke in age groups under 12, under 14, under 16
- 3 x 1 medley
- 4 lengths freestyle
AGE TO BE AS AT THE 1st JAN
It is better to put your name down if there is a possibility that your child may want to enter. No additional names will be able to be added after Friday 27 February 9:00 a.m.
We will need parent help with the sports for judging, (place getters and stroke judge), timekeeping and recording.
To help us with our organization please fill the form RAS-Yrs8-10-Swimming-Sports-Notice-2015 to indicate:
- The name and age of your child and the event/s your child will compete in. (please circle age group and event/s)
- Your availability to assist with the running of the event
- Your intention to come as a spectator
Please return form by Friday 27 February 2015.
Thank you, Bronwyn Haitana